Have you ever broke up with someone?
It sucks! Isn't it? It truly sucks but only if you were close to them emotionally, mentally and physically.
It is a hard thing to do. In fact, it can be so hard that we sometimes fall into the trap again and again by coming in an on-again, off-again relationships, in which we are locked in a vicious cycle of breaking up and making up with the same person.
However, a new study says that kind of cycle is really bad for your mental health as well as your heart.
There can many reasons people go back to their ex-partners which include living in denial, fear of being alone, fantasy or craving for having sex again.
People never realises that probably it can end on a bad note.
If your partner cheated on you then it is a clear sign that you never ever go back to your ex just because you both really had a good time or even feel like alone.
There is a reason your friends always say that stay away from him/her.
Now, there are more obvious conclusions that researchers have come up with, a new study has shown that on-again, off-again relationships are pretty toxic.
According to a survey, it was estimated that 70 per cent of adults specifically from the United States Of America and United Kingdom have been in an on-again, off-again relationship at some point of time.
Looking at 545 adults in both straight and same-sex relationships, a team at the University of Columbia-Missouri identified a link between on-again, off-again relationships and higher instances of anxiety and depression.
The researchers concluded that the "accumulation of relationship transitions can create added turmoil for individuals."
As per science, breaking up over and over causes extra heartache and emotional breakdown and panic attacks, which obviously you don't need that.
“Remember that it is OK to end a toxic relationship," assistant professor Kale Monk told Science Daily.
"If your relationship is beyond repair, do not feel guilty leaving for your mental or physical well-being."
People should think about the reasons they broke up when considering rekindling a relationship.
Steps to take care:
1. Never be in the same room ever. You will end up having sex and that is for sure. Unless you hate each other to death.
2. Never go on a date even with your friends.
3. If you're on a friend zone then it is a sign that you can hook up any time.
4. Break up sucks and above all, IT HURTS A LOT. But that doesn't mean that it gives you an edge to have sex with the first guy or a girl you see next.
5. Try to move on with your life. It will be hard but trust me it is for the best.
6. Make your life easy and loving.
7. Spend time with your friends and family.
8. Travel with your friends.
9. Remember, there are plenty of people out there that you haven't even met. So, all I am trying to say is you can find someone better.
10. The person who cheated on you once have the capability to cheat on you again.
11. Don't hurt yourself in the process. It was not your bloody mistake.
12. Play games if you like or watch funny movies. It really helps. But don't even try to watch any romantic one.
13. Box up all of his/her stuff and don't put that in your room.
14. Don't keep any memories of your relationship in your phone as you can access them anytime and it will only distract you.
15. Eat healthy
16. Make new good friends.
17. Start learning any musical instrument.
18. Start working out.
19. Read literature
20. Be happy always and forever
Read More On Catch: