A Special Court on Wednesday directed the Central Bureau of Investigation to return some of the documents that they had seized during a raid on the office of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's principal secretary in December, The Indian Express reported.
The court was disposing an application filed by the Kejriwal government, seeking release for some of the documents that had been seized by the Central government agency when it raided the office of Principal Secretary Rajendra Kumar on 15 December.
"The application dated 21 December, 2015, filed by the Government of NCT of Delhi is disposed of. CBI is directed to release the documents in terms of para number 8 of the order," the judge said while pronouncing the order.
This was not the only part of the Delhi government's plea. The AAP government also sought stringent action against erring officials responsible for raiding "malafidely the office of applicant and seizing documents which cause immense dislocation of work in the office of the applicant," said reports.
The plea also reads: "The sole objective of the raid at 'said premises' was to malafidely intrude, obstruct and dislocate the work of government of NCT of Delhi as such and cause immense harm, juxtaposed with state's functions to secure societal reforms, welfare, security and privacy."