Indian Railway on Saturday set forth that it will be plying 40 pairs of new passenger train in addition to that of 230 trains that had earlier been started. This comes as a course of action from the national transporter in order to ease traveling of the citizens to their home states, workplace as a part of the coronavirus induced unlock.
Scheduled train operation has been stopped in the country since 25th March, 2020, because of the coronavirus.
The Railways will also be keeping track of all the trains that are currently in service to find out which trains have long waiting list.
"Wherever there is a demand for a particular train, wherever the waiting list is long, we will run a clone train ahead of the actual train, so that passengers can travel," the railway board chairman said.
List of 40 new pairs of trains that will be operational from 12th September:
Indian Railways to run additional 40 pairs of special trains from 12th September. Booking for these trains will start from 10th September.— Piyush Goyal (@PiyushGoyal) September 5, 2020
भारतीय रेल 12 सितंबर से 40 जोड़ी विशेष ट्रेनों को आरंभ करने जा रही है, जिनकी बुकिंग 10 सितंबर से शुरू होगी।
Ticket booking, tatkal ticket booking rules:
* Only online e-ticketing will be done through the IRCTC website or app. Tickets can also be booked through computerised PRS counters, including at Post Offices, Yatri Ticket Suvidha Kendras.
* Ticket booking through ‘agents' is not be allowed.
* The ARP (advance reservation period) is 30 days.
* RAC and Waitlist will be generated as per existing rules. Only passengers with confirmed tickets shall be allowed to enter the station meaning waiting list ticket holders shall not be permitted to board the train.
* No unreserved (UTS) tickets will be issued and no tickets will be issued during the journey.
Tatkal and premium tatkal booking shall is not permitted in these trains.
Ticket cancellation and refund rules:
Mandatory screening for all passengers and if during screening, a passenger has a high temperature, symptoms of coronavirus, etc., they will not be allowed to travel regardless of having confirmed tickets.
Also Read: Indian Railways suspends all regular time-tabled passenger trains until 12th August