After the tragic incident in Sri Lanka with eight multiple blast, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has claimed the responsibility for the attack which killed more than 300 people and injured over 500.
The Sri Lankan government had earlier claimed that it was the work of the local Islamist group which was formed post 2011, named ‘National Thowheeth Jama'ath’ and the attack has left the whole world in a state of shock.
The ISIS’ official news agency Al-Amaq has claimed it on a social media app Telegram, where in the group said that “the suicide bombers were fighters of the Islamic State.”
Reuters: Islamic State claims responsibility for Sri Lanka bombings through its Amaq news agency. pic.twitter.com/Rus0kDmbJv— ANI (@ANI) April 23, 2019
In the attack where around 320 people lost their lives, eight are said to be Indians. And, the US intelligence sources have earlier claimed that the odule of the attack had many similarities with that of the ISIS module. Eve the Sri Lankan government had said that some international force was behind the attack.
Although, the investigation is still on and the deputy defence minister of Lanka had said that the attack was “revenge of the New Zealand’s Christchurch attack,” but the ISIS has not presented any evidence to back its claim.
“The blasts targeted St Anthony's Church in Colombo, St Sebastian's Church in the western coastal town of Negombo and another church in the eastern town of Batticaloa around 8.45 a.m. (local time) as the Easter Sunday prayers were in progress,” as reported by the NDTV.