Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at the age of 93 at AIIMS hospital in Delhi. Veteran BJP leader was admitted to the AIIMS of 11 June following kidney tract infection, urinary tract infection and low urine output. Mr Vajpayee was kept on life support since last two days in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
As Atal Bihari Vajpayee's health got worse, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Textile Minister, Smriti Irani made a visit on Wednesday to the hospital to inquire about the health of the veteran leader.
Here are some unknown facts of country’s former PM:
1. He was born in Madhya Pradesh on 25 December 1924. He had completed his post graduation in MA (Political Science) from Laxmibai College in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
2. His father name was Krishna Bihari Vajpayee, who was a poet and a schoolmaster. Atal Bihari Vajpayee is also famous for his poetry which has the essence of nationalism and also human values.
3. Atal Bihari Vajpayee first time entered to the political world with Quit India Movement.
4. Many of you don’t know that he has also joined the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) as a Swayamsevak in 1939.
5. It’s his skills that made Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru has predicted that someday Vajpayee would become country’s PM.
6. He has also become the face of the Jana Sangh because of his good oratorical and organizational skills.
7. Finally, he becomes the head of the Jan Sangh in 1968 after Deendayal Upadhyaya. He and his party also supported the JP movement (Jayaprakash Narayan).
8. When Emergency was imposed in the country (1975-1977) then Vajpayee have been jailed.
9. He had become country’s Prime Minister for the two time. The first time he took the charge as India PM in 1996 for a short span of time. The second time he becomes PM on 13th October 1999.
10. He has also been honoured with India’s highest civilian honour, Bharat Ratna award in 2015.