Lord Krishna is undoubtedly the most legendary character in the Hindu mythology. He was one of the most charming Gods who was the 8th avatar of Vishnu. Krishna was not only the mischivious butter thief but was also the charioteer guide of Arjun in Mahabharat who played a great role by helping the warrior to find their path in the battle.
As we celebrate his birthday or Janmashtmi today, we found out 10 interesting facts about Lord Krishna that people are unaware about. Check them out.
1. Lord Krishna had 108 names.
2. He even had 16,108 wives.
3. The colour of Krishna's skin was was dark but not blue.
4. He brought his Guru Sandipani Muni's dead son back to life.
5. Krishna blowing on his conch, Panchjanya, acted as the war cry for the Pandavas in Kurukshetra during Mahabharata.
6. Krishna was related to the Pandavas.
7. Certain conflicting reports are there about whether Radha, Krishna's companion, was mentioned at all in ancient scriptures.
8. The relationship of Radha-Krishna was used to legitimize premarital sex in modern India.
9. Queen Gandhari curse to Krishna led to his death and the destruction of his dynasty.
10. The death of Krishna was the result of a number of curses and his own act of adharma against Vali (Sugreev's brother) in Ramayana.