Since Forbes was compiling a list of Most Overpaid Actors in Hollywood, obviously Johnny Depp has topped the chart. This is the second year in a row that Depp has earned his spot in the much-awaited annual list.
The 53-year-old star earned the distinction after his last three movies returned just 2.80 dollars at the box office for every one dollar he was paid for them.
Going by the calculations based on the last three films each actor starred in before June 2016 (excluding animated films), Will Smith came in second place. The Concussion actor reportedly returned 5 dollars for every one dollar he was paid.
Channing Tatum came third with six dollars for every dollar he was paid, even though Magic Mike XXL performed solidly with $120 million worldwide on a &15 million budget. Tatum was bogged down by Jupiter Ascending's average box office collection. Jupiter Ascending grossed just $183 million on a 175 million dollars budget.
Adam Sandler, who topped the 2013 and 2014 Forbes' overpaid actor lists, came in sixth while Julia Roberts - the only woman on the list - came in ninth.
Here's the list of top 10 actors from Hollywood's 'Most Overpaid Actors' of 2016:
- Johnny Depp, returns 2.80 dollars for each 1 dollar paid
- Will Smith, returns 5 dollars for each 1 dollar paid
- Channing Tatum, returns 6 dollars for each 1 dollar paid
- Will Ferrell, returns 6.50 dollars for each 1 dollar paid
- George Clooney, returns 6.70 dollars for each 1 dollar paid
- Adam Sandler, returns 7.60 dollars for each 1 dollar paid
- Mark Wahlberg, returns 9.20 dollars for each 1 dollar paid
- Leonardo DiCaprio, returns 9.90 dollars for each 1 dollar paid
- Julia Roberts, returns 10.80 dollars for each 1 dollar paid
- Bradley Cooper, returns 12.10 dollars for each 1 dollar paid.
With inputs from ANI