The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will be going to take its big decision for the UPSC aspirants. As the commission has decided to revised the examination pattern, scheme and syllabus of the various examinations.
As per the reports, UPSC will revise the scheme, pattern and syllabus of the Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination.
UPSC has taken the decision after consulting with the Government (Ministry of Mines, the Nodal Ministry).
However, the new changes to the examination will be implemented from the year 2020.
Check out what changes will be made to the examinations:
1. The terminology of the 'Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination' has been changed to the 'Combined Geo-Scientist Examination'.
2. The commission likely to discontinue the existing General English paper.
3. The new pattern for the examination is:
Candidates will have to appear for the three-stage exam i.e. Preliminary examination, Main exam and Personality Test.
Prelims Exam Details:
1. UPSC will conduct Computer Based Test
2. There will be two paper which consists of objective type questions
3. Marks secured in this exam will consider for the final merit
Main Exam Details:
1. It will consist of three papers for each stream and all papers will be of descriptive type
2. Candidates scored marks in the main exam will be counted for the final merit
Note: To know more about the exam details candidates can log in to the official website of UPSC at ups.gov.in and check further details.