Indian spinner Harbhajan Singh is all set to marry Bollywood actress Geeta Basra at a grand Punjabi wedding at Phagwara on 29 October. The couple, who have kept their relationship under wraps, announced their wedding date in September 2015.
The wedding guest list will see a number of celebrities from both the cricketing and the film industries. Yuvraj Singh, Virat Kohli and Parthiv Patel are expected to attend the wedding as are many actors from the Bollywood and Punjabi film industry.
The couple will also host a grand reception in Delhi on 1 November. Harbhajan Singh also met Indian Prime Minister recently to hand over the reception invite to him.
While the entire country knows about the Turbanator of the Indian cricket team, Harbhajan Singh, not many are aware of the fact the Geeta Basra has been a part of Bollywood since 2006.
Here are few facts about the actress:
- The 31-year-old actress was born to Punjabi Indian parents in Portsmouth. However, she has been a Mumbai resident for years now.
- The actress made her Bollywood debut opposite Emraan Hashmi in the 2006 film Dil Diya Hai. However, the film failed to impress.
- She went on to share screen space with Hashmi once again in the 2007 film The Train, which derailed upon its release.
- She was last seen in this year's film Second Hand Husband, where she was paired with Punjabi actor Gippy Grewal. The film did well in Punjab but failed elsewhere.
- The actress will be next seen sharing screen space with Sunny Deol and Arshad Warsi in Bhaiyyaji Superhit.
-- Text By Himesh Mankad