This new Google app tells you who you were in history!
The tech giant Google has come-up with a new mobile app that lets you find your facial match in the historical paintings. The app works on a technology that analyses your face features and tries to find an accurate match in the famous paintings of the world. With the extent of funny results this app can deliver, it is going viral over social media, with many people are sharing their facial match results. If you find the idea exciting and want to try the app here is a step by step guide for you:
1. Download the 'Google Arts & Culture App' from the Google play store if you are an android user. Whereas iPhone users can download the same from iTunes Store.
2. Open the app and scroll down until a dialog box pops-up that asks you to try the feature by saying “ Is your portrait in a museum?"
3. Tap "get started" provided below the above dialogue box.
4. Take a selfie as directed by the app
5. Get ready to check the exciting results
The facial match results provided by the app may vary depending on the different hairstyles and if you have the glasses on. While the accuracy of the app in finding your doppelganger is a matter of different debate altogether, the app certainly provides a fun way to discover a famous painting that looks at least somewhat like you. By putting in some technology quotient in the results, the app also tells the percentage match figures each time you try the app.
The app makes some hilarious comparisons many times, however, occasional tracks down people's artistic doppelgangers as well. Here are some of the most fun and exciting results shared on social media platform Instagram: