TOP 5 news today: Subramanian Swamy tears into Congress on AgustaWestland, Vijay Mallya gets answers to his questions, AgustaWestland jugde speaks to Indian media, Delhi cabinet gives nod to Kalam's memorial
From AgustaWestland debate rocking the Rajya Sabha today to liquor Mallya being finally expelled from the Upper House, it was a politically hectic day. Here's a round up of all the top news from the day, to end your day with.
1. Subramanian Swamy delivered a power packed performance to target the Congress on the AgustaWestland in the Rajya Sabha. He led the BJP charge against Congress. Congress, however, stuck to its position that none of its leaders had taken any kickbacks to land Agusta the VVIP chopper deal. Read More
2. In more trouble for the Congress, the Italian judge who delivered the AgustaWestland judgement told the Indian media that middleman Guido Haschke's note naming one "AP" is authentic and that he believed kickbacks went to more influential people in India apart from ex-air chief SP Tyagi and his cousin. Read More.
3. Liquor baron Vijay Mallya's resignation as a member of the Rajya Sabha was accepted. Read More.
4. On 4 May, the Supreme Court directed tobacco companies to carry larger pictorial warnings on their products. Read More.
5. The Delhi Cabinet, on 4 May, approved the setting up of a memorial for late former president APJ Abdul Kalam at Dilli Haat. Read More.