The upcoming Bihar elections have seen a surge in the number of 'crorepati' candidates. There were only 9 per cent candidates during 2010 assembly polls who owned assets worth more than Rs 1 crore. However, this time a quarter of the candidates contesting in first phase are 'crorepatis'.
As per the data released by Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR), here is the list of top seven richest candidates in Bihar:
Binod Kumar Singh
- contesting from Warisnagar constituency of Samastipur district as an independent candidate.
- Total assets owned are Rs 74,73,83,190
- Movable assets - Rs 7,73,83,190 and immovable assets-Rs 67,00,00,000
Poonam Devi Yadav
- Contesting from Khagaria constituency in Khagaria district on Janta Dal (United) ticket.
- Total assets owned are Rs 41,34,45,969
- Movable assets-Rs 2,15,70,969 and immovable assets-Rs 39,18,75,000
- Contesting from Bhagalpur constituency of Bhagalpur district on Congress ticket.
- Total assets owned are Rs 40,57,35,981
- Movable assets-Rs 3,79,83,746 and immovable assets-Rs 36,77,52,235
- Contesting from Sikandra constituency of Jamui district on Bahujan Samaj Party ticket.
- Total assets owned are Rs 39,03,05,000
- Movable assets-Rs 5,03,05,000 and immovable assets-Rs 34,00,00,000
- Contesting from Jhajha constituency of Jamui district on Vyabasayi Kisan Alpasankhyak Morcha ticket.
- Total assets owned are Rs 37,88,12,596
- Movable assets - Rs 23,16,67,596 and immovable assets - Rs 14,71,45,000
- Contesting from Teghra constituency of Begusarai district on Rashtriya Janta Dal ticket.
- Total assets owned are Rs 19,06,74,731
- Movable assets-Rs 8,28,41,731 and immovable assets-Rs 10,78,33,000
Ajit Kumar Singh
- Contesting from Banka constituency of Banka district on Bahujan Samaj Party ticket.
- Total assets owned are Rs 17,01,26,748
- Movable assets-Rs 53,26,748 and immovable assets-Rs 16,48,00,000