Domestic flight operations in India will begin from 25th May as the Centre has given a nod to the aviation industry to recommence its services. Shut for the last two months due to the nationwide lockdown made necessary because of the outbreak of the coronavirus.
A day after the aviation ministry gave a nod, the Airports Authority of India (AAI) put out a guideline for the airports to follow in order to keep out Covid-19 infection. The aviation ministry has put out an SOP for the airlines and the passengers. Flying post the nationwide lockdown will surely be very different.
Guideline for passengers:
1. Throughout the flight, hygiene and sanitation to be maintained by the passengers. Face-to-face interaction to be slashed.
2. Cut back on the use of the lavatory. No non-essential movement in the aisles.
3. No queuing at the lavatory and only one companion for children and the elderly to be allowed.
4. No meal services would be made available in the aircraft. Water bottles to be made available in the gallery area or on the seats.
5. Passengers will not be allowed to consume any eatable inside the aircraft during the flight.
6. No paper/magazine will be available in the aircraft.
7. There would be no on-board sale of any item to reduce interaction.
9. Wear a face mask and download Aarogya Setu App
10. Reach the airport at least two hours before the flight.
Guideline for airports:
1. Everything that enters the premises of an airport will be sanitised.
2. There will be a thermal screening of passengers.
3. Markings like circle, square should be provided around the baggage collection for ensuring social distancing
4. Hand sanitisers shall be made available at various locations.
5. Sanitisation of every corner of the building and public areas including washrooms, chairs, counters, trolleys, railings, doors, lifts, escalator’s etc. to be done before the arrival of the flight and after the last passenger leaves the Terminal Building.
6. Regular fumigation at taxi pickup and drop off points outside the airport.
7. Only private cars and specific cab operators permitted for pick-up and drop.