The Airports Authority of India on Thursday put out guidelines for airports as domestic flight operations resume from Monday. According to the standard operating procedure (SOP) to airport workers, Aarogya Setu app will be compulsory for kids below the age of 14.
In accordance with the new rules, passengers ought to reach the airport two hour in advance for compulsory thermal screening ahead of entering the terminal. "Passengers shall compulsorily walk through screening zone for thermal screening at a designated place in the city side before entering the terminal building," the AAI said.
Airport workers have to make suitable arrangements for sanitisation of a passenger’s luggage before his/her entry into the terminal building, said the SOP issued on 20th May.
Rules you need to know:
* Passengers have to reach airport two hours in advance of flight time
* Passengers should wear masks and gloves
* Only those whose flight is in the next four hours will be allowed to enter terminal building
* Passengers to undergo thermal screening before entering terminal building
* Those that don’t show ‘green’ on Aarogya Setu will not be allowed to enter airport
* Trolley use to be avoided. Will be available to a select few passengers on request basis
* Sanitisation of baggage before entry into terminal
* Mats soaked in bleach to be placed at entry for disinfection of shoes
* At passenger touchpoints, staff to either wear face shields behind counter or put glass wall at counter
* Constant announcements about social distancing and other norms
* Boarding and deplaning in batches to follow social distance
* All airport workers to wear PPEs and hand sanitisers for staff and passenger
The AAI looks after more than hundred airports across India. However, airports like Delhi, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Mumbai are overseen by private firms.