Online school report cards to make lives easier for parents
- NUEPA reports have all information about the schools\' infrastructure, academics, facilities
- Students\' results, details of teachers and academics are also covered
- Consolidated data online gives parents easy access to all information
- 2,435 reports of Kota schools have been released, more to be added soon
- More than 100 facts about schools evaluated on the basis of facilities, infrastructure
- How it helps the parents and children
After report cards for kids it's time for report cards for schools! National University of Educational Planning and Administration( NUEPA) recently issued online report cards for schools. The facility of online report cards is available for all government and private schools in the nation .
Parents can now see the reports of their children's schools right from their own homes. All information like services on offer in the school, facilities and a database of teachers is easily accessible through the online reports.
Information about academics, students' experience, registration information as well as results of students have also been made available online. Investigation reports on the academic establishments carried out by officers of the education department is also shared online.
The site called www.schoolreportcards.in has issued more than 100 facts about schools evaluated on the basis of facilities and infrastructure.
NUEPA has issued 2,535 reports for government and private schools and soon more cities will be included in the online database.
Crystal clear facts
NUEPA has divided the schools into eight categories to evaluate them. The first four categories include:
- Information of the establishment
- Whether school management is private or government run
- Which board the school is affiliated to
- How many classes the school offers (for eg, till class 10 or 12)
- Which section has the most classes
- Number of teachers
- Experience and academic record of teachers
- Whether the school is English or Hindi medium
- Whether any other medium is offered by the school
- Information about the availability of a playground
- Number of classrooms and their status
- Funds raised by the school
- Expenses of the school
- Educational affairs and development
- Basic facilities like toilet, drinking water, medical check-up etc
- Whether the school has a ramp for the disabled and other facilities etc
Other four categories
The remaining four categories focus extensively on high-tech education. They cover registration of students, attendance, caste records, results etc and the school library.
Computers, e-classes, integrated classrooms, internet and e-library etc also fall under these remaining four categories a they form the base for evaluation of the schools.
The report card also has all information and updates of the establishments including reports, remarks of invigilators and officers of the educational department.
"Online report will give lot of help to the parents. They will be able to see the report card, child's educational status and facilities available in the school sitting right at home," said Narendra Gehlot, Additional Regional Educational Officer, Kota .
These online reports will not only help parents keep a track of what is happening at school but will also help them make informed choices about their children's future.