Home » india news » Maharashtra: 35 students taken ill after eating dinner in school
 

Maharashtra: 35 students taken ill after eating dinner in school

News Agencies | Updated on: 11 January 2020, 12:36 IST
Representative Image

In a suspected case of food poisoning, as many as 35 students of a government-run residential school in Maharashtra's Parbhani district took ill, police said on Saturday.

Of 145 students at the facility, 35 experienced acidity, vomiting and headache after consuming food at the school on Thursday night, inspector Subhash Rathod of Purna police station said.

The affected children were admitted to a local rural hospital for preliminary treatment, he said, adding that some of them were later shifted to a hospital in Nanded.

The children's condition is now stable and they will be discharged soon, he said.

The police are probing to ascertain the reason behind the incident, he added.

-PTI

Also Read: UP: Agra police performs last rites of rape victim as body remains unclaimed

Chhattisgarh: Man gets 20 years rigorous imprisonment for raping step-daughter

First published: 11 January 2020, 12:35 IST
 
PREVIOUS STORY
NEXT STORY