Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has come up with the most awaiting union budget 2018, and it is most awaiting because this is going to be the last budget of NDA government. The government also has set up the budget keeping next Loksabha elections in mind. Finance minister Arun Jaitley has opened his briefcase and it is a direct benefit for the poor of India.
Here are 10 announcements that are sure shot direct benefit for the poor of India.
1. Agriculture production - Agriculture production is on record in the country and Jaitley targets to double the income of farmers till 2022. We have more 86 percent farmers are small and marginal farmers and for them rural agricultural markets will be developed.
2. 8 crores free gas connections - The government will provide 8 crores free gas connections to the women through the Ujjwala Yojana.
3. 2 crores toilets, 1.5 lakh health centres - Finance minister Arun Jaitley announced that they will be opening 2 crores toilet in Clean India campaign, also 1.5 lakhs health centres.
4. 99 smart cities - Jaitley announced that the government will make 99 smart cities in India and also will pressure to make roads on borders. This year government targets to make 9000 kilometres road.
5. Railways benefit - 4000 km railway allocation, more than 4000 gateless railway crossing will be closed. Escalators of the capacity of having more than 25 thousand people will be provided in railway stations. Jaitley announced 1.48 lakh crores budget for Indian Railways.
6. Common men can fly with airlines - Finance minister announced that now common men can also fly and the government will announce affordable tickets for common men for airlines.
7. Pradhmantri Awas Yojana - Every poor will have their own houses till 2022 through Pradhanmantri Awas Yojana scheme.
8. Credit for farmers - Credit cards will be provided for the farmers and animal husbandry. 10 Lakhs crores credit will be provided for farming and 2600 crores for the agricultural irrigation scheme. Operation green for potato and onion, the target of making 22000 farmer markets.
9. Health Announcement - Health protection for 10 crores people, cashless hospital insurance of five lakhs. 12 percent more benefits for newly added EPF workers. Maternity leave of 26 weeks for pregnant women.
10. Ganga clean movement - 187 schemes related to clean Gangaa movement have been allowed.