Kabir Khan wrapped up the shooting schedule of upcoming period drama, Tubelight starring Salman Khan in lead. The director revealed that the film got over ahead of its schedule and now he would spend time on the post-production.
The movie is slated to be Salman Khan's Eid 2017 release and the stakes are quite high as the film marks the reunion of Kabir Khan with Salman after the success of Ek Tha Tiger and Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
Here are a few lesser known facts about the period drama:
- Salman Khan's character in the film is named Laxman. He will essay the role of a slow learner (Tubelight) who rises above all his weaknesses to find his brother, Sohail Khan, who has gone missing post the war between India and China.
- The basic premise of Tubelight is inspired from Hollywood film 'A Little Boy' which narrated a little boy's journey to stop the on-going war between two countries and find his father who is missing from the war site.
- Tubelight also stars Chinese actress, Zhu Zhu in lead and it will be the first Indian film to release in China side by side India. Films like 3 Idiots, PK, Baahubali and Happy New Year saw a release in China around 6 to 8 months after the release in India.
- Shah Rukh Khan has been roped in to play an important cameo in the film and our sources confirmed that it is King Khan's character that is responsible for metamorphoses of Laxman in the film.
- Several studios from the industry are bidding at huge amount to acquire the worldwide distribution rights of the film however COO of Salman Khan Films, Amar Butala is yet to lock the final deal.
Tubelight also stars Sohail Khan, Om Puri and Mohammad Zeshaan in pivotal roles.