The roll-out of Facebook at Work for India is a huge step for the social networking giant. Facebook will soon start testing the app with more companies in India.
While there is a huge buzz around the roll-out, most people are still clueless about Facebook at Work. Here's a precise guide to understand what Facebook at Work actually is:
1) 'Facebook at Work' is a new way for colleagues to collaborate effectively and be more productive at the workplace. Facebook says Indian companies are the fastest to adopt Facebook at Work and as many as 60,000 companies are looking forward to join the platform.
2) Indian firms like L&T Infotech, Godrej, Yes Bank, UST Global, Paytm, Practo, Zomato, Delhivery, BookMyShow, ibibo, AskMe, Urban Ladder, Girnarsoft (Cardekho, Zigwheels & Gaadi) KartRocket, Edureka, eVidyaloka, Vision India Foundation, Landmark Group and Telenor, among others, are already using 'Facebook at Work'.
3) You just create a new Facebook at Work account to connect with coworkers. This account is separate from your personal Facebook but works in a similar manner.
4) Use News Feed to stay updated, join groups to collaborate, send messages and get notifications about what's most relevant to you.
5) Users can use the Work Chat app to stay connected to colleagues. The app can be used for sending instant messages and also supports voice and video calling.