Stefino Mayano, who lived in a small village called Louisiana, a little away from the Itailan city of Vicenza, would never have thought that the girl born in his house on 9th December 1946, would later go on to become one of the biggest face of Indian politics and head India’s oldest political party. Stefino named the baby girl Antonia Advise Albina Mano, who is now known as Sonia Gandhi.
Sonia Gandhi is today celebrating her 73rd birth anniversary. But because of the increasing crime against women, she has opted not to celebrate it.
Here are some lesser known fact about Sonia Gandhi:
1) Sonia Gandhi is very fond of reading and writing. She has also written a book titled ‘Two Alone, Two Together’. Sonia Gandhi also enjoys reading novels written by Munshi Prenchand. ‘Godan’ is one of her favorite books.
2) Sonia Gandhi is a polyglot. She can speak nine languages including French and German. Initially, Sonia Gandhi had difficulties speaking in English and Hindi when she married Rajiv Gandhi, but with course of time she learnt it.
3) Sheikh Mujibar Rahman came on his first visit to Delhi after the formation of Bangladesh, when President VV Giri, PM Indira Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi went to recieve him at the airport. During that time Sonia Gandhi was pregnant and she gave birth to Priyanka Gandhi the very next day.
4) Sonia Gandhi is also a very good chef. She is very enthusiastic about cooking and often reads several cookery books. Sonia Gandhi used to make pasta for her mother-in-law Indira Gandhi.
5) Sonia Gandhi was often seen riding a two-wheeler along the streets of Delhi with Rajiv Gandhi. She often used to go to India Gate with her husband to eat ice cream.
5) Even though, Sonia Gandhi is a very good cook, but in terms of eating habits, she is a very healthy congresswomen. She avoids noodles, pizza or and junk food. She also begins her day with yoga everyday.