Amid the ongoing standoff with China at the Ladakh border area, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh is set to make a statement in Rajya Sabha on Thursday regarding the 'present situation in Eastern Ladakh' at 10:30 am.
This comes after the Chinese and Indian border troops on the southern and northern shores of Pangong Lake began disengagement on Wednesday as per the consensus reached during the ninth round of military commander-level talks, according to China's Ministry of National Defence.
The Chinese and Indian border troops on the southern and northern shores of Pangong Lake began disengagement as planned on Wednesday according to the consensus reached during the ninth round of military commander-level talks, reported Global Times, citing the Defence Ministry.
India and China had agreed to push for an early disengagement of the frontline troops in eastern Ladakh during the ninth round of the China-India Corps Commander Level meeting held on the Chinese side of the Moldo-Chushul border meeting point on January 24 to address the ongoing military standoff.
The two countries have been engaged in a stand-off along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) since April-May last year. While China began amassing massive military strength along the LAC, India responded with a befitting build-up.
The Chinese have been asking India to withdraw troops and tanks first from the southern bank but India has been asking for disengagement from all the friction points.
On Monday, Defence Minister had said that 11 Rafale aircraft have arrived in India while the entire batch of aircraft will come by April 2022 in the country.
Also Read: China says border issue with India will not be linked with bilateral ties