the majority of us love the festival of colours, but at the same time there's no one denying the fact that it can cause great damage on the skin and hair. And, all it takes to keep yourself safe and beautiful is a little care once you are done celebrating Holi.
Holi is celebrated yearly by kids and adults with great zeal and enthusiasm. People all across India are eagerly waiting to smear colours on their close ones on this occasion. As the festival has just arrived, here we bring you simple and easy tips to remove Holi colours from your skin.
Here’s how to remove Holi colours from skin:
First and foremost it is very necessary to always go for organic colours instead of harmful dyes.
1) Firstly start with cleaning your skin with a foaming cleanser which will help remove the colour.
2) You can also try home-made natural ubtans or face masks, instead of harsh cleansers to get rid of colours as they are gentle scrubs and will not irritate your skin further. Consider using Gram Flour (Besan), Turmeric (Haldi), Milk, Lemon Juice on your face mask.
3) A cleanser that has lemon and aloe vera in it is also highly potent to remove colour.
4) You can also use coconut oil to take off wet colours from your face and body.
5) To nullify itchiness, one can also go for a combination of glycerine with rose water on your face and rinse it with warm water.
6) Another useful remedy is to mix two tablespoons of honey with half a cup of curd. Add some turmeric to the mixture and apply it to the face, neck, and arms. Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash off with water. This not only helps remove tan but softens the skin as well.
7) Apart from that one can also use pre-soaked Multani Mitti. When the pack dries, rinse it off to remove the colour.