Pankaj Tripathi, one of the most talented actors in Bollywood, turned a year older today, September 5. The versatile actor has enthralled audience with his power-packed performances in movies such as - Gangs of Wasseypur, The Tashkent Files, Masaan, Newton, and Bareilly Ki Barfi, to name a few.
On his 46th birthday, here are some lesser-known facts about everyone's favourite Kaleen Bhaiya.
- Pankaj Tripathi used to play female roles in plays which were held in his village during the festive seasons.
- Did you know Pankaj Tripathi worked on the fields till he entered Class 11. The Masaan actor even worked in a five-star hotel in Patna as he was worried that his career in acting would not flourish.
- We all know that Tripathi Ji is a die-hard fan of Manoj Bajpayee but do you know that the Newton actor stole Manoj Bajpayee's slippers when he once stayed at a five-star hotel where Pankaj Tripathi used to work as a kitchen supervisor.
- Do you know Kaleen Bhaiya is the proud owner of a sea-facing apartment in Madh Island. During his struggle days, the actor used to live in a one-room shed with a tin roof in Patna.
- The actor had an almost eight-hour long audition for Anurag Kashyap's Gangs of Wasseypur.