Home » World News » No survivors in Russian plane crash, all 224 passengers killed : Egyptian officials
 
SPEED NEWS

No survivors in Russian plane crash, all 224 passengers killed : Egyptian officials

Speed News Desk | Updated on: 31 October 2015, 18:14 IST

Egyptian military and security officials have announced that none of the 224 people on board the Russian Airbus A321 which crashed earlier on Saturday in the Sinai Peninsula were alive.

Russian plane carrying 212 passengers that was reportedly lost from radars has crashed over Sinai Peninsula. Egyptian Prime Minister Sherif Ismail confirmed that the Russian plane did crash in the Sinai.

The plane was destined for St Petersburg, with 217 passengers - including seven children - and an additional seven crew onboard.

Statement No.1 by the Cabinet on the crash of a plane in North SinaiThe Ministry of Civil Aviation on Saturday...

Posted by Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Saturday, October 31, 2015

Statement No.2 by the Cabinet on the crash of a plane in North SinaiEgyptian Cabinet Spokesman Hossam el-Qawish...

Posted by Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Saturday, October 31, 2015

Statement No. 3 by the Cabinet on the crash of a plane in North SinaiThe prime minister accompanied by the ministers...

Posted by Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Saturday, October 31, 2015

According to Guardian, the crash site was found on Saturday morning in southern Arish, a mountainous area of central Sinai, but poor weather conditions were making it difficult for rescue crews to get to the scene, the security officer said.

There were no indications the plane was shot down, Egyptian security sources told Reuters.

According to news reports, the Russian and Egyptian air traffic controllers have confirmed that the plane has crashed and further investigations are on. Kolavia Flight 7K9268 went off radar 23 minutes after taking off the Sharm El-Sheikh International Airport, Russian sources added.

Also read: Kolavia Flight 7K9268: Russian civilian plane with 212 people on-board crashed in Sinai, confirms Egypt PM

First published: 31 October 2015, 18:14 IST
 
PREVIOUS STORY
NEXT STORY