After a global consensus over blacklisting Masood Azhar in United Nations Security Council and China’s veto putting a technical hold to it, the state-run Global Times has stated that India did not produce “new evidence” to support its claim over Jaish chief.
In a video message, editor-in-chief of the Global Times Hu Xijin said, “Indians should notice that China just put a technical hold on the move. It did not veto it. In fact, based on what I know India didn’t present new proof to support blacklisting Masood Azhar.”
Adding that “Indians making a fuss of the issue reflects their shallowness. China is India’s friend not a hostage of Indian nationalism.”
India had gathered support of around 13 countries, including the US, the UK, and France who had brought resolution against Jaish-e-Mohammad chief Masood Azhar in United Nations Security Councils 1267 committee to designate the latter as “global terrorist” but after China’s hold, the matter has been postponed for 9 months.
Editor Hu further added that “India should provide specific material to prove the connection between Masood Azhar and these organisations. India’s nationalists making a fuss of the issue reflects their shallowness. China is India’s friend not a hostage of Indian nationalism.”
India had earlier, in a statement, said that they were “disappointed” with the move.
MEA had said, “We are disappointed by this outcome. This has prevented action by the international community to designate the leader of Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), a proscribed and active terrorist organization which has claimed responsibility for the terrorist attack in Jammu and Kashmir on February 14, 2019.”