J&K: 1 soldier killed, 1 civilian injured as Pakistan violates ceasefire
One Indian soldier was killed and a civilian was injured as Pakistan violated ceasefire in Jammu and Kashmir's KG sector of Poonch on 6 November. The violation of ceasefire comes three days after two women were killed and a child was severely injured in another shelling episode in Manjakote sector of Rajouri district.
According to media reports, the ceasefire was violated around 2am and since then the Border Security Force (BSF) is aptly retaliating to the firing initiated by Pakistan.
The injured civilian has been admitted to a nearby district hospital for immediate medical aid.
A 14-month-old child was injured in cross-border firing and continues to be critical in Manjakote sector.
Authorities in Kashmir have already evacuated hundreds of people from villages along the frontier with Pakistan following frequent ceasefire violations.
After NDTV India, govt bans News Time Assam for 'violating' guidelines
After NDTV India, the government has ordered that an Assam-based news channel be taken off air for a day, following the recommendations of a high- level panel which felt it had "violated" guidelines on more than one occasion.
An I&B Ministry order dated 2 November, has sought that the channel 'News Time Assam,'be taken off air on 9 November.
One of the allegations against the channel is that it revealed the identity of a minor who had been brutally tortured while working as a domestic help. Observing that the visuals telecast by the channel appeared to compromise the privacy and dignity of the child, while also exposing him to harm and stigma, a showcause notice was issued to the channel in October 2013.
Watch: Donald Trump rushed off stage after gun scare in Nevada
Republican presidential nominee, Donald Trump who was addressing a campaign rally in Nevada, was rushed off stage by the secret service officers after a gun scare on 6 November.
Just when the security officials sensed a threat to Trump, they swarmed in to protect the Republican nominee and detained the man who apparently posed a threat to Trump. According to report, chaos broke out after a person in the rally screamed "gun".
However, no weapon was recovered from the man detained after he was escorted out in handcuffs by police.
FBI warns of possible terror attack around US election day
As Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton enter their last three days of campaigning in the U.S presidential election, the New York authorities have been put on high alert after receiving inputs about a possible terror attack on the eve of the US presidential elections.
According to various media reports, Joint terrorism task forces have been alerted about the threat by the US intelligence officials.
Mayor Bill de Blasio claimed that he had learned of the threat several days ago during classified briefings. De Blasio told WNYCs Brian Lehrer on his weekly radio show, that the authorities are still trying to assess the credibility as they are not completely sure about how true it is, asserting that they were in a "vigilant" position.
With Delhi turning into 'gas chamber' Kejriwal seeks Centre's intervention
- FBI lands in Kolkata to interrogate alleged ISIS operative Musa
- AgustaWestland scam: SP Tyagi sent to CBI custody, but questions linger
- Human Rights Day: NHRC desperately needs more teeth, says former CJI Sathasivam
- AgustaWestland scam: why arrested ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi isn't a 'big fish'
- Meet Hasmukh Adhia: Note ban point man is a mascot for Modi's brand of governance
- Why Lord of the Flies is the perfect Christmas gift for 2016
- The tell-all book on Kohinoor, the world's most contested diamond is here
- Unfair tales: was Ravana's sister Surpanakha more hated than hateful?
- Indian poetry loses a leading light as Bekal Utsahi passes away
- In Pictures: 10 Amazing Photos from the Hornbill Festival 2016
- The undying afterlife of Milkha Singh
- Lodha panel wants BCCI officials replaced by GK Pillai. This battle isn't over
- Traditional welcome for Kashmir's 8-year-old world kickboxing champ
- The kickboxing kid: Rare photos of 8-year-old kickboxing champ Tajamul Islam
- Assam's 15-year old boy bags five gold medals in South Asian Aquatic Championship
- Did Donald trump Hillary with Russian help? CIA seems to think so
- Faith, dissent and extremism: how Bangladesh is struggling to stay secular
- Will Trump victory make Angela Merkel leader of the free world?
- Pacific nations lose shortwave radio services that evade dictators and warn of natural disasters
- Trumpian deswampification