On 9 May, South Korean tech-giant Samsung announced the latest edition of its Galaxy J5 and Galaxy J7 smartphones in the Indian market. The phone will be available at Rs 13,990 and Rs 15,990 respectively.
The smartphones will be available in radiant gold, midnight black, and pearl white colour options and will go on sale from 10 May on e-retailer Flipkart.
Specifications on Galaxy J5 (2016 edition):
- 2GB of RAM
- 5.2-inch HD (720x1280 pixels) Super Amoled display
- Quad-core processor clocked at 1.2GHz
- 3100mAh battery
The Chinese variant of the phone includes a 3GB RAM and full-HD display.
Specifications on Galaxy J7 (2016 edition):
- 5.5-inch HD (720x1280 pixels) Super Amoled display
- Powered by an Exynos octa-core processor clocked at 1.6GHz
- 2GB of RAM and 16GB memory (expandable up to 128GB)
- 3300mAh battery