- OnePlus X is now available on-demand, straight from the Ola app
- The smartphone will be delivered within 15 minutes of placing the order
- The offer is available across seven cities only on 8 December
Leading taxi aggregator mobile app, Ola, and a fast growing technology startup based in China, OnePlus, recently announced a first-of-its-kind partnership in India which gives users an opportunity to buy the latest smart phone OnePlus X, on-demand, straight from the Ola app.
This is the first ever instance in India where consumers can purchase the smartphone without an invite for a day and have it delivered at their doorsteps within 15 minutes of placing the order.
The partnership aimed at delighting millions of OnePlus fans and Ola users will go live on the Ola mobile app only on 8 December across seven cities in India viz. Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
How to order?
- Fans wishing to purchase the OnePlus X can open their Ola app and request for a phone. It's just like booking a cab
- Click on 'OnePlus X' category icon
- The icon will be available on the between 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM
- Once the request is received, an Ola cab will arrive at the customer's location
- A representative from OnePlus will come with the smartphone in the cab
- Customers can then pay for OnePlus X handsets through cash or credit/debit cards
- Vice-President - Marketing at Ola, Sudarshan Gangrade, said that Ola strives to deliver unique experiences to delight their consumers.
"We continue to deliver unique experiences to delight our consumers by giving users a chance to buy a smartphone on-demand, straight from the Ola app and get it delivered at their doorstep within minutes. This is a testament to the on-demand nature of the mobility solutions, which the Ola platform offers and takes user engagement to an all-new level! We are thrilled to announce this partnership and take great pride in bringing this exclusive access to all Ola users," he said.
Head of Marketing (India) at OnePlus, Karan Sarin, described the new initiative as 'unprecedented'.
"The enthusiasm from our fans and consumers at large around the country to get our newest smartphone, the OnePlus X, has been unprecedented. People love our products and we are enhancing the experience by making it even more convenient for our fans to get their hands on a OnePlus phone now. In an industry-first partnership with Ola and Amazon.in, we are taking a step towards engaging with consumers wherein they can purchase the OnePlus X phone in three easy steps - Book. Purchase. Delivered. All from the comfort of their Ola app," he said.