Young Malayalam actor and son of superstar Mammootty, Dulquer Salmaan celebrated his 30th birthday on 28 June.
Dulquer made his acting debut in the 2012 film, Second Show, directed by Sreenath Rajendran. Even though the film was an average run, Dulquer made his mark in the Malayalam industry by delivering two back-to-back blockbusters, Ustad Hotel and ABCD: American-Born Confused Desi, soon after his debut film. Since then, DQ has acted in 15 films and most of them have been money spinners at the Box Office.
On his 30th birthday, here are few lesser-known facts about the 'Kunjikka' of Malayalam Cinema.
1) Dulquer holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Purdue University in United States. The actor had decided to complete his studies before entering the cinema industry.
2) Dulquer's father, Mammootty, a three-time National award winner is touted as one of the biggest actors in India. Amongst fans, Mammooty is known as Mammukka and Dulquer as Kunjikka and DQ.
3) Before venturing into acting, Dulquer was a successful businessman. He owned a web portal for trading cars. He is currently the director of a Bangalore-based hospital, Motherhood. Dulquer also heads a dental business in Chennai.
4) He married Chennai-based architect Amal Sufiya on 22 December 2011, 44 days before the release of his debut film, Second Show.
5) Within the span of his four-year-long acting career, Dulquer delivered plenty of big hits in Malayalam. The actor has also acted in super-hit Tamil director Mani Ratnam's O Kadhal Kanmani. The content of the film was so strong that it made popular Bollywood director Karan Johar to remake the film in Hindi. Ok Jaanu stars Aashiqui 2 pair, Aditya Roy Kapur and Shraddha Kapoor.
6) Dulquer is currently riding high in Mollywood after delivering five back-to-back hits. The actor's last five films, 100 days Of Love, O Kadhal Kanmani, Charlie, Kali, and Kammatipaadam were clean hits at the Box Office.
7) Dulquer has won the prestigious Kerala State Awards for his terrific portrayal of a carefree vagabond in 2015 Christmas release, Charlie. The film had clashed with Dileep starrer Two Countries and interestingly, both films turned out to be huge blockbusters at the Box Office. Dulquer has also bagged two Filmfare awards and one SIIMA award for his respective debuts in Malayalam and Tamil film industry.
8) For his last release, Kammatipaadam, Dulquer had to shed around 10 kgs of weight to portray Krishnan. The super hit film was directed by National award winner Rajeev Ravi. Dulquer is also a good singer. All the three songs he crooned in his films Johnny Mone Johnny (ABCD), Njan Poneanutta (Manglish) and Chundari Penne (Charlie) turned out to chart busters.
9) Dulquer is the only Malayalam actor who has been mentioned in the list of most desired men in the country. He ranked 45th in the Times Most Desirable Men of 2014 list across India. Earlier this month, Dulquer had received the GQ Magazine best dressed man 2016 award from Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan. He got selected for his stylish looks in films like O Kadhal Kanmani, Bangalore Days and Charlie.
10) Dulquer launched his official website www.dulquer.com today, on the occasion of his birthday.
Here is wishing DQ a very happy birthday.