India’s 14th Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be celebrating his 69th birthday on September 17. Modi is currently one of the world’s tallest leader and has a massive fan following on social media. Narendra Modi was born as the third child (out of six) to Damodardas Modi and Heeraben Modi. Here are some interesting lesser-known facts about our Prime Minister.
- Narendra Modi is the first Prime Minister of our country who was born in an independent India after the British rule ended.
- Narendra Modi has never shared his official residence with any of his family members. Whether as a chief minister or prime minister he always stayed alone.
- In the year 2005, USA denied a visa to Narendra Modi citing his failure to curb the communal riots in 2002 in Gujarat.
- When Narendra Modi was elected the chief minister of Gujarat, his mother Heeraben said, “Beta, kadi lanch na leis.” (Son, never take a bribe!)
- During his visit to Taiwan, someone asked him whether India was a land of snake-charmers, to this, he replied – India is now a land of the mouse. By mouse, he meant the computer mouse.
- A three-month course had been undertaken by Narendra Modi in the United States on Image Management and Public Relations.