We have been seeing Katrina Kaif everywhere thanks to promotions of her upcoming Bollywood film Fitoor which also stars Aditya Roy Kapur. The actor, who usually takes a fashion-safe route, sported some interesting looks during the promotional outings for the film.
While her appearances didn't quite appear experimental, one can take a lot of inspiration from them for the upcoming Valentine's Day. Here are five looks that Katrina sported during Fitoor promotions that can easily be your Valentine's Day look:
1. If you're thinking of flaunting pink, then this colour-blocked dress would be a great pick. Colour-blocked dresses have their own merits besides being in fashion; they make one look slimmer. You can opt for any hairdo with it and finish the look with either silver or gold jewellery.
Katrina's look: The actor wore a Jill Stuart dress and matching pink lips. Gold Isharya hoops completed her look.
Caution: Do not go for a lot of colour in one dress.
2. If you're thinking of ditching red this Valentine's, then what else could be a better pick than black. Opt for a sexy LBD (a little black dress) with a twist to add to the quirkiness. Much like Katrina who wore a dress with sheer weaved panels.
Katrina's look: David Koma sheath dress and angle-strap pointed Choos.
Caution: You can't afford to go over-the-board with this look. Just that dress is enough.
3. If you are leaning towards a peppy-flirtatious look, a crop top and paired with a pastel coloured skirt would look more-than-amazing. Wear a striking lip colour, style your hair in loose waves, avoid excessive jewellery and paint your nails in a fuschia shade. There, you are ready to own the day.
Katrina's look: The actor wore a Resort 2016 Cushnie Et Ochs dress and complimented it with a pair of orange pumps and gold jewellery.
Caution: Since the dress is in a single colour, you can opt for a striking colour for all the required contrast. But make sure you don't add a lot of colours.
4. If you're too busy and can't take out enough time to select a look, you can trust a simple maxi dress. Choose a comfortable single-coloured maxi dress and wear it with your favourite pair of silver earrings. Tie hair into a bun and wear a pair of thong sandals, opting for muted makeup. And you're done for the day!
Katrina's look: The actor wore a blue Rebecca Taylor dress with Taupe sandals and understated makeup.
Caution: Do not make your look too busy. Wear one statement jewellery piece -- either big earrings or a neckpiece.
5. Go the cliche route and wear a short dress. A perfect dress requires nothing except confidence to flaunt it with ease. Avoid black, red and white and choose a different colour. Choose from powder blue, blush pink and other muted colours.
Katrina's look: The actor sported a blush pink Alaia mini dress and paired it with flats. A silver chain pendant and straight hair completed the look.
Caution: Avoid heavy makeup like bright lip colours or striking eyes. You can wear a contrasting pair of shoes, though.
-- Text by Vineeta Kumar