The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the letter to the students that will give a sigh of relief for Class 9 students from the upcoming academic session i.e. 2018-19.
As per the notification released by the CBSE, the Class 9th students will no need to opt the English Communicative subject. Including, two other electives from Class 9 and three from Class 11th have also been discontinued.
While students who are pursuing these subjects currently in Class 9 and 11 will have to continue with them in their next class also i.e. Class 10 and 12, according to the CBSE letter.
Know the subjects which will now not be in the syllabus for the forthcoming session of the two classes 9th and 11th.
For Class 9:
• English Communicative (code 101)
• Information and Communication Technology (code 166)
• e-Publishing and e-Office (code 354 & 454)
For Class 11:
• Dance - Mohiniyattam (code 062)
• Multimedia and Web Technology (code 067)
• English Elective CBSE (code 101)
The Board also announced to merge some vocational effective subjects from the session 2018-19 in class 11.
Know the names of the subjects that are going to be merged by the Board:
• Agriculture (code 068)
• Fashion Studies (code 053)
• Mass Media Studies (code 072)
While, the Sankrit Communication subject name also gets renamed to ‘Sanskrit’ as prescribed by NCERT. Also, 'Foundations of Information Technology' has been renamed to 'Computer Applications'.