Home » cricket news » 'Unhappy' Virat Kohli urges people to take COVID-19 seriously; shares video
 
SPEED NEWS

'Unhappy' Virat Kohli urges people to take COVID-19 seriously; shares video

Speed News Desk | Updated on: 28 March 2020, 12:24 IST

Indian skipper Virat Kohli, has been persistently sharing messages and videos on his official handles, urging people to abide by safety guidelines issued by the government seriously. On Thursday the 31-year-old took to twitter once again and shared a clip in which he can be seen requesting the people to maintain social distancing and take the 21 day nationwide lockdown, in the thick of Covid-19 outbreak.

"Hello, I am Virat Kohli. Today I am speaking to you not as an India player, but as a citizen of the country. What I have seen in the last few days - people moving in groups, not abiding by curfew rules, not following lockdown guidelines - it shows that we are taking the fight very lightly. But this fight is not as easy as it looks or feels," Kohli said in the video.


"I wish to request everyone to please maintain social distancing and follow it. Also, we should follow the directives given by the government and just for once think how you would feel if due to your negligence someone in your family gets affected by the virus. Please follow the experts as they are working very hard. It will only be successful when we follow our duties rather than going out in groups and breaking rules. This for me is an act against the country's well-being. So now, I along with all of you wish to see things improve and please follow the directives of the government. Jai Hind!," Kohli signed off.

 

Also Read: Sachin Tendulkar donates huge amount to fight coronavirus outbreak

Also Read: Shoaib Akhtar urges people to stop treating coronavirus outbreak as ‘holiday' time

Previously, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced a nationwide lockdown starting from Tuesday a indispensable meassure to battle coronavirus.

Most of the sporting events around the globe have either been cancelled or deferred as the coronavirus continue to soar.

Team India’s most recent ODI series against South Africa was terminated in order to curb the spread of Covid-19.

Furthermore, the BCCI deferred the start of this year’s Indian Premier League in the thick of increasing apprehension over the coronavirus pandemic.

The start of the IPLhas been deferred from 29th March utill 15th April as a preventative step over the coronavirus, the BCCI said.

First published: 27 March 2020, 20:01 IST
 
PREVIOUS STORY
NEXT STORY