In response to the Aam Aadmi Party's claims of corruption in the DDCA and former President Arun Jaitley's role in it, the DDCA held a press conference in New Delhi today led by Vice-President Chetan Chauhan.
Here are the key points made by Chauhan in the press conference-
- "We don't want to hide anything and have not hid anything." - Defending claims by the AAP which suggested that the DDCA operated in a dishonest manner for the duration of Jaitley's tenure as President.
- "Additional floors led to a rise in cost. Our initial plan was to have one floor." - Explaining the break up of stadium construction cost.
- "We have spent money like a miser. Only Rs. 114 crore spent on stadium."
- "Mr. Arun Jaitley does not interfere in day to day functioning of the association. He left because of party commitments, we wanted him to continue." - Explaining his non involvement with the DDCA since he stepped down from the post of President in December 2013.
- "The enquiry was done in 2012 when Mr. Jaitley (read BJP) was not in power. Some other party was in power." - Suggesting that corruption took place under the UPA regime.
DDCA treasurer Ravinder Manchanda added-
- "What AAP is showing is the findings of DDCA fact finding committee."
- "Siphoning of money from DDCA will be heavily probed and guilty will face the music. During the tenure of Mr. Jaitley, no embezzlement has taken place."