The central government has stretched out the Covid-19 lockdown in containment zones till 30th June. In a statement to point out that the nation, at least in economic and trade activities is bit by bit coming out of the Covid-19 crisis, the government stated that all services and activities leaving out few like international frights and gyms outside containment zone will restart in phases.
Services and places that are not allowed or for which a decision is not taken:
* Schools, colleges, educational, training and coaching institutions. The government said it will take a call in July after consulting the states and Union Territories. The government also stated that the states and UTs can talk to parents at the institution level to see if schools can be opened.
* International flights, besides those allowed by the Home Ministry.
* Metro Train.
* Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
* Social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions and other large congregations.
* No movement allowed across the country from 9 pm to 5 am, except for those in essential services.
*No non-essential services allowed in containment zones.
Hotels, restaurants, malls and places of worship can reopen on 8th June except in locations with the most number of cases, the centre stated on Sunday.
"The current phase of re-opening, Unlock 1, will have an economic focus," said the government.