- AIADMK General Secretary Edappadi K Palaniswami demands CM MK Stalin's resignation following deaths caused by consumption of spurious liquor.
- Palaniswami accuses DMK members of their involvement in selling spurious liquor and criticizes the lack of stringent action.
- He highlights the sad and painful situation of several individuals battling for their lives in hospitals due to consuming illicit liquor.
- Palaniswami calls Stalin a puppet CM who disregards the welfare of the people of Tamil Nadu.
- The AIADMK leader points out the recent incidents in Marakkanam and Chengalpattu, where 13 and 5 deaths occurred, respectively.
Chennai (Tamil Nadu): AIADMK General Secretary Edappadi K Palaniswami has demanded CM MK Stalin's resignation following deaths caused by the consumption of spurious liquor.
Palaniswami has accused DMK members of involvement in selling spurious liquor and criticizes the lack of stringent action.
Addressing a press conference in Chennai, AIADMK General Secretary Edappadi K Palaniswami launched a scathing attack on Chief Minister MK Stalin, demanding his immediate resignation.
Palaniswami held Stalin responsible for the tragic deaths resulting from the consumption of spurious liquor in the state. He criticized the lack of strict action against those involved in the sale of illicit alcohol and accused DMK members themselves of being complicit in the trade.
Palaniswami Highlights the Tragic Consequences
Palaniswami emphasizes the sad and painful situation of individuals battling for their lives in hospitals due to consuming illicit liquor. He has labelled CM Stalin as a puppet CM who disregards the welfare of the people of Tamil Nadu.
Palaniswami expressed deep concern for the individuals currently fighting for their lives in hospitals after consuming the spurious liquor. He described the situation as both tragic and painful, emphasizing the need for immediate action to prevent such incidents in the future. Palaniswami accused CM Stalin of being a puppet CM, prioritizing personal interests over the welfare of the people of Tamil Nadu.
Palaniswami Criticizes DMK Government's Inaction
Palaniswami criticizes the DMK government for its alleged failure to introduce any people's welfare schemes and claims that the AIADMK government took strict action against spurious liquor smuggling.
Pointing out the lack of welfare schemes introduced by the DMK government during its two-year tenure, Palaniswami criticized their inaction in addressing the issue of spurious liquor.
He compared this to the strict actions taken by the AIADMK government in controlling the illicit liquor trade. Palaniswami accused the current government of only responding after the tragic incidents occurred, suggesting that they were aware of the spurious liquor sellers but failed to take action until it was too late.