Prime Minister Narendra Modi has landed in Ayodhya for the historic bhoomi pujan ceremony at Ram Temple.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives in Ayodhya for foundation stone-laying of #RamTemple, received by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and others.— ANI (@ANI) August 5, 2020
Social distancing norms followed by those present to receive the Prime Minister. pic.twitter.com/DvJbIlDLRb
Before laying the foundation stone, PM Modi Modi visited the Hanumangarhi temple along with Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath to offer prayers at the shrine.
For the auspicious event, PM Modi donned traditional attire-- golden kurta paired with cream coloured dhoti and his iconic gamcha, which he uses to cover his face due to the novel coronavirus. After completing the bhoomi pujan, PM Modi will deliver an hour-long speech.
Meanwhile, social media has been flooded with various reactions after PM Modi begins his journey to Ayodhya.
Check out netizens reactions:
श्री रामचन्द्र कृपालु भजुमन— Major Gaurav Arya (Retd) (@majorgauravarya) August 5, 2020
हरण भवभय दारुणं ।
नव कंज लोचन कंज मुख
कर कंज पद कंजारुणं ॥१॥
Lord Ram is not worshipped because he was a powerful warrior King. We worship at his feet because he is our moral compass. He is Maryada Purushottam.
Jai Sri Ram 🙏#पधारो_राम_अयोध्या_धाम pic.twitter.com/PyjyTmpxUh
Namo Namo❤️🙏— Shreyansh Samir Jha (@SamirShreyansh) August 5, 2020
जोर से बोलो जय श्री राम 🙏🙏— KARTIK - BPS (@BpsKartik) August 5, 2020
हर हर महादेव, हर हर महादेव 🙏🙏💞💞🌹🙏🙏
धोती-कुर्ता और गमछा, क्या जबरदस्त अंदाज ।— Mantosha Nand Kumar 😎 (@mantoshanandkr) August 5, 2020
JAY SHREERAM🙏❤— BHIMSI KHODBHAYA (@KhodbhayaBhimsi) August 5, 2020
Ye din hamesha yaad rakha jayega...😍🤗— Kim (@ChowkidarKim) August 5, 2020
See PM Modi’s full schedule for Ayodhya event:
- At 11:40 am- PM Modi will perform Puja at Hanumangarhi
- At 12:10 pm- PM Modi will visit Shri Ram Janmabhoomi
- At 12:15 pm- PM Modi will plant 'Parijaat' sapling using traditional drip irrigation method ahead of 'bhoomi pujan'.
- At around 12:30 pm: The stone-laying foundation will start.
- Around 12:40 pm- PM Modi will lay the foundation stone of the temple. After bhoomi pujan, PM Modi is expected to deliver the speech.
- Around 2.05 pm, he will depart in a helicopter.
- The PM is expected to take off for Lucknow at 2.20 pm.