Prime Minister Narendra Modi's address in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh's capital Lucknow and begins address with Jai Shri Ram.
This was Prime Minister's first public meeting since 29 September when the Indian Army claimed to have conducted surgical strikes across the LoC in retaliation to the Uri terror attack in which 19 soldiers were martyred.
He speaks about how it was important for the world to unite against terrorism and fight against those who aid terrorists.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi begins Lucknow address on Dussehra with Jai Shri Ram.
- PM Modi ends his speech with Jai Shree Ram.
- In 1992-93, was talking to someone from US Dept of State on terrorism, they said its your "law & order problem". That changed after 26/11.
- Filth, poverty and illiteracy are another form of Ravan, so lets burn them as well this year.
- Today we are celebrating Vijaydashami, and the world is celebrating International Day of the Girl Child.
- when we burn Ravana, we should remember that humanity cant be saved lest we fight terrorism together.
- World late in recognising terror.
- Those who hide terrorists cannot escape. Those who are aiding terror will not be spared.
- Terrorism doesn't have a border. No one is safe from terrorism.
- Terrorism cannot succeed if people show more awareness and report.
- Before soldiers and politicians, it was Jataaiyu who first fought terrorism to save a woman.
- Terrorism is enemy of humanity.
- Dussehra means to end ten evils from within ourselves.
- Must aim to end evil within us. Evil has assumed different shapes. We must fight the Ravan inside us.
- Vijaydashmi is the occasion of victory of truth over evil.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh speaks at Aishbagh Ramleela Ground in Lucknow:
This Lucknow is my home, so on behalf of the city I welcome the PM once more: HM Rajnath Singh pic.twitter.com/TR2GmHLdj9— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) October 11, 2016
- PM proved to the world that India is not weak.
- PM wiped out corruption in India.
- 6:33 pm: Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses the public rally at the Aishbagh Ramleela Ground.
- 6:25 pm: PM Modi offers prayers at the Aishbagh Ramleela Ground in Lucknow on the occasion of Dussehra.
- 6:23 pm: Symbolic "Sudarshan Chakra" presented to PM Narendra Modi at Aishbagh Ramleela Ground.
- 6:20 pm: PM Modi arrives Aishbagh Ramlila ground. He will begin his speech soon.
- 5:29 pm: Home Minsiter Rajnath Singh and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav welcome Prime Minister Narendra Modi as he arrives Lucknow.
PM Narendra Modi arrives in Lucknow to attend Dussehra Mahotsav at the Aishbagh Ramleela Ground. pic.twitter.com/yq3YdbdH18— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) October 11, 2016