Raza Naqvi | Updated on: 25 July 2015, 22:42 IST
A 28-year-old woman strangled to death her husband who allegedly forced her to drink his urine. The incident took place in South Delhi's Neb Sarai.
What exactly happened?
- The woman has been identified as Jyoshna, was arrested in wee hours of 25 July. After killing her husband, she fled from the house with their 4-year-old son.
- According to the police the incident came to light when Ramesh Nand was found dead at his residence by his brother who had come to meet him. On seeing his brother dead, he immediately informed the police and later his body was sent for post-mortem.
- The needle of suspicion was on the victim's wife as she was absconding. After questioning her relatives, the police arrested her from Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station.
- During interrogation, she told police that theirs was a love marriage and that her husband used to beat her daily with sticks and tongs. She also said that he would force her to drink his urine.
- Allegedly angered by the harassment, the woman decided to murder her husband. On 23 July when her husband was under the influence of alcohol, she strangled him to death.
- A case has been registered at the Neb Sarai police station and the woman has been sent to judicial custody.
Recent cases of wives murdering husbands
- In June 2015, a 35-year-old woman had killed her husband by crushing his head with a grinding stone while he was asleep at their house in Madurai, Tamil Nadu. After the woman was arrested she had revealed that she had killed her husband as he was having an extra-marital affair.
- In April 2015, a 22-year-old man was allegedly killed by his wife as she was unhappy with his dark complexion; she had been identified as Farzana Bano and was sent to judicial custody.
- Unable to bear harassment at the hands of her husband, a 35-year-old woman had killed her husband and had later set his body ablaze in Bangalore in May 2015.
- In Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh a woman along with her three accomplices had allegedly killed her husband on the suspicion that he was having an extra-marital affair. The incident took place in February 2015 and the cops had arrested all the accused in the case.