Speed News Desk | Updated on: 14 March 2018, 16:03 IST
The largest metro line Pink Link, connecting Majlis Park-Durgabai, is all set to be flagged off by the Union Minister of State Hardeep Singh Puri and Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today on 14 March at 4 PM from Metro Bhawan. Passenger services will start from 6 pm.
Here are five facts about the Link.
- The Pink Line will connect Majlis Park to Shiv Vihar under Metro’s Phase III project and the interchange stations at Azadpur , Netaji Subhash Place and Rajouri Garden will connect the Yellow, Red and Blue line to the Pink line.
- This line has not now been completed fully, it is expected to be fully operation by June
- The section which is going to be opened today will have 12 stations - Majlis Park, Azadpur, Shalimar Bagh, Netaji Subhash Place, Shakurpur, Punjabi Bagh West, ESI Hospital, Rajouri Garden, Mayapuri, Naraina Vihar, Delhi Cantt and Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus.
- Eight stations are elevated and four under ground
- The new corridor which cover s the distance of 21.56-km will have a total of 19 trains and the average speed of the train will be 34 kmph. And the train will also run on the shorter routes between Drgabai Deshmuckh South Campus and Shurpur, and Majlis Park and Shakurpur stations. And the trains will be driverless and its seat will be multi-colored (orange, blue, pink and red)