The Government of India today gave a nod to the introduction of an intranasal Covid vaccine in the vaccination programme as a booster dose for adults. The inclusion comes in the midst of a surge in Coronavirus cases in China and few other countries.
Where Can You Get It:
- The two-drop India-made nasal vaccine, iNCOVACC, will be introduced on the Co-WIN platform this evening.
- The nasal vaccine, manufactured by Bharat Biotech, will only be available at private hospitals for the time being.
- Those who have taken a dose of Covishield and Covaxin can take the nasal vaccine as a heterologous booster dose.
- In heterologous boosting, a person administered a different vaccine from the one that was used for the primary dose series.
- The needle-free vaccine received a nod from the Drugs Controller General of India in November for restricted use in an emergency situation.
Also Read: What is Omicron BF.7 variant; all you need to know