Home » Entertainment News » 90% written in half-day, remaining 10% took 1.7 years: RRR’s 'Naatu Naatu' song lyricist

90% written in half-day, remaining 10% took 1.7 years: RRR’s 'Naatu Naatu' song lyricist

Speed News Desk | Updated on: 11 January 2023, 19:34 IST
lyricist Chandrabose

As Filmmaker SS Rajamouli's blockbuster flick 'RRR' bagged the Best Original song trophy for its song 'Naatu Naatu' at the Golden Globes 2023, its lyricist Chandrabose opened up about the enormous amount of effort he put into writing such magical lines that convinced the jury to give the glittery trophy.

Thanking SS Rajamouli and composer MM Keeravani for giving him the opportunity to write ‘Naatu Naatu’, lyricist Chandrabose said that he wrote 90 percent of the song within half day but for rest of the 10 percent lines he took 1.7 years, just to carve it perfectly.

The lyricist said that his hard work and patience paid off as the song won the glittering Golden Globes trophy for Best Original song.

“It's a big deal for me. I thank SS Rajamouli & MM Keeravani for giving me the opportunity to write a song for RRR. I wrote 90% of the song within half a day&rest 10% took 1.7 yrs. My effort, hard work&patience have paid off,” Chandrabose said.

The song has been composed by veteran music director MM Keeravaani and penned by Kala Bhairavi and Rahul Sipligunj.

'Naatu Naatu' was nominated alongside Taylor Swift's 'Carolina' from 'Where The Crawdads Sing', 'Ciao Papa' from 'Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio', Lady Gaga's 'Hold My Hand' from 'Top Gun: Maverick' and Rihanna's 'Lift Me Up' from 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever'.

While accepting the award at the 2023 Golden Globes, Keeravaani expressed gratitude for his team and also thanked N. T. Rama Rao Jr and Ram Charan for their performance on the song. He said, "Thank you NT Rama Rao Jr and Ram Charan danced in full stamina on the song." Following the win, the official Twitter handle of 'RRR' congratulated Keeravaani by sharing a picture of him holding the trophy. They wrote, "LEGENDARYYYYYY MM KEERAVAANI!!."

'RRR' had received two nominations at the prestigious award ceremony under the categories Best Non-English Language Film and Best Original Song for 'Naatu Naatu'. This was Rajamouli's first project after the 2017 blockbuster 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion', was released across the globe in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam simultaneously early this year. The film received a huge response in several countries, including the US and Japan.

First published: 11 January 2023, 19:34 IST