Railway Recruitment Board has released the bumper vacancies on over 90,000 posts for the aspirants. With the releasing of the huge opportunities for the candidates, the Railway board has also made various changes in the rules.
Therefore, it is mandatory for the aspirants who are preparing for the Railway examinations should know the changes made by the Board. However, candidates get a sigh of relief after the new changes for the huge vacancies. These changes have also increased the number of applicants for the examination.
Know the important changes:
1. The big change was made by the Board is that candidates no need to possess the ITI degree to apply for the post. It means Class 10th pass aspirants can apply for the Group D posts.
2. Earlier, the recruitment board has reduced the age limit for the Group D exam from 30 to 28 years. Due to this decision, students made a protest against the decision. Therefore, after all, hue and cry, Board has decided to increase the age limit from 28 to 30 years. For loco pilots and Technician posts, the age limit is 30 years only. While for level 1 post, the age limit has been increased from 31 to 33 now.
3. As per the announcement by the Railway Minister, Piyush Goyal, the increased fee for the Railways examinations will be refunded to the candidates.
4. Candidates now would be able to give the exams in 15 different languages like Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu including, Hindi and English languages. Candidates can opt the language according to their interest.
5. The last date for the examination also gets extended till 31 March. However, the last date for the Group D exam was 12 March and for Assistant Loco Pilot and Technicians posts, the last date was 5 March 2018.
Also read: RRB Group D Exam: Piyush Goyal gave relaxation in qualification as well as refunding fees amount for Group D; See the details