The men in blue are all set to play their first ever day and night Test when they face Bangladesh in Eden Gardens, starting 22nd November. The first ever day and night Test match was played between Aurtralia and New Zealand in November 2015.
Four years later, team India will become the ninth Test playing side to play a five day game under lights. The International Cricket Council (ICC) had given consent to day-night Tests in 2012 but it took three years for the first pink ball cricket to begin.
With India and Bangladesh set to play the 12th pink ball game in the history of Test cricket, here are some captivating facts about the forthcoming contest.
1) India will host Bangladesh for the first ever day and night Test at Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
2) The match will start at 1:00 PM and end by 8:00 PM to counter the dew.
3) The final interval will be at 3:00 PM and the second session will recommence at 3:40 PM. The second interval will be at 5:40 PM and the final session is slated to begin at 6:00 PM.
4) The match will witness the use of pink cricket ball. As per the report, the BCCI has ordered SG to supply 72 pink balls for the game.
5) Indian army paratroopers will fly into the Eden Gardens to hand over a pink ball each to captains of each playing side just ahead of the toss.
6) A giant pink balloon has also been laid out near the stadium which will remain till the end of the match.
7) The Shahid Minar and some Kolkata Municipal Corporation parks will be lit up with pink lights, while the Tata Steel building will have 3D mapping from 20th November.
8) Pinku and Tinku have been exhibited as the official mascots of the India vs Bangladesh day-night Test.
9) 65,000 tickets have been sold for each of the first three days.
10) Placards across the city, LED boards and branded buses will also be seen from Monday to increase awareness about the Test.