In a disturbing incident, a woman in the Philippines was left shock when she received her food order. The woman ordered a chicken from a popular fast-food chain in the country. However, she received a fried towel instead of the chicken.
The woman named Alique Perez shared a picture and video of her inedible meal on Facebook.
Perez revealed in her post that she was disgusted after discovering that her deep-fried 'chicken' from Jollibee was actually just a hand towel.
In her viral post, she said that she had ordered the ‘Chickenjoy’ meal for her son from a Jollibee outlet in Metro Manila, but she left stunned after she found the chicken too hard to slice.
"We had Jollibee delivered via grab. Ordered chicken for my son, while I was trying to get him a bite, I found it super hard to even slice. Tried opening it up with my hands and to my surprise [it was] a deep fried towel," Perez wrote on Facebook.
"This is really disturbing... How the hell do you get the towel in the batter and even fry it?" she questioned, adding that the discovery was a disgusting one.
Since the video being shared online, it has garnered over 2.6 million views. While her post has been shared over 87,000 times and received thousands of shocked comments.
According to Metro News, Jollibee Foods Corp said the branch had 'deviated' from standard food preparation procedures. After the post went viral, the restaurant has been temporarily shut down.
The company also said that it would retrain its employees so that such incidents would not repeat in the future.