US presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump took each other on for their second presidential debate at the Washington University campus in St Louis on 9 October.
Unlike the 27 September debate, the nominees did not even shake hands to greet each other - symbolic of the bitter interaction between the two.
While the debate included a number of contentious issues like Russia, Islamic State and healthcare, to name a few, Trump and Clinton bared their fangs on the leaked video tape scandal, rape accusations against Bill Clinton and the email server scandal.
7 bitter, personal remarks during the Donald Trump - Hillary Clinton St Louis debate
Clinton takes on Trump's 2005 lewd tape scandal
1. The 2005 video of Trump engaging in a lewd conversation about women took center stage at the debate, with Clinton saying that it proved that he did not deserve to be president. While Trump apologised and said he was embarassed about it, Clinton said: "Trump has said that the video doesn't represent who he is. Anyone who heard it knows it's exactly who he is. It represents exactly who he is. But that's not who we are. We have seen him insult women. We have seen him insulting women. He rates women. That's who Donald Trump is."
"It's not only women and it's not only this video that raises questions about his fitness to be our president. Because he has also targeted immigrants, African Americans, Latinos, people with disabilities, Muslims, and others... If this were just about one video, maybe what he's saying tonight would be understandable, but everyone can draw their own conclusions at this point about whether or not the man in video or on the stage respects women. But he never apologizes for anything to win".
Trump accuses Bill Clinton of rape
2. Trump defended himself saying, "If you look at Bill Clinton, far worse - mine are words and his was action. What he's done to women, there's never been anyone in the history of politics in this nation who has been so abusive to women, and Hillary Clinton attacked those same women and attacked them viciously."
"And I will tell you that when Hillary brings up a point like that and talks about words that I said 11 years ago, I think it's disgraceful and I think she should be ashamed of herself, if you want to know the truth".
On Clinton's email server attack
3. Trump also unleashed a scathing attack on Clinton over her private email server, saying: "You ought to be ashamed of yourself. If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there's never been so many lies, so much deception."
4. When Clinton said, "You know it's just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law in this country." Trump responded immediatedly saying, "Because you'd be in jail."
On each other's policies
5. Hitting out at Clinton, Trump said, "I will be president of all people, of African-Americans, Latin-Americans, inter-cities. We have a divided nation because of people like her, She has hate in her heart."
6. "We should demand that Donald release all of his tax returns," Clinton said, adding, "Donald always takes care of Donald and people like Donald. Donald Trump is living in an alternative reality, it is amusing to hear someone like him talk about taxes." Trump hit back saying, "she has been a disaster as a senator. A disaster. I understand tax code better than anyone who has run for president. I pay tax, I pay federal tax too."
7. "First of all, China is illegally dumping steel in the United States and Donald is buying it to build his buildings. That is something I fought against as a senator and I would have a trade prosecutor to make sure we don't get taken advantage of by China, on steel or anything else," Clinton said.