Chinese tech-giant Xiaomi's Mi 5 will be go up on sale on the Mi.com in India. The smartphone - launched last week - will be available for three days via the Mi Fan Festival. Registrations for the sale has already begun. The Mi.com site will flash the Mi 5 phone at 11AM, 2PM, and 5PM today.
Apart from the flagship smartphone, Xiaomi has also introduced a new 20,000 mAh power bank, headphones, LED light and a new USB cable as part of the festival.
The smartphone is being rated as one of the best smartphones available in the Indian market. Here's a quick look at he specifications of the Mi 5 smartphone:
- 5.15-inch ultra-thin 16 LED screen
- 1080 x 1920 pixels display at 428 ppi density
- Gorilla Glass 4
- Weight: 129-gram
- Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- 3GB RAM and 32GB inbuilt memory
- Adreno 530 GPU for best gaming experience
- 16-megapixel flat rear cam with dual tone flash with 6P lens, quick focus and 4-axis optical image stabilisation
- 2-micron pixel 4-megapixel front camera
- Loaded with 3,000mAh non-removable battery
- MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
The phone comes loaded with a QuickCharge 3.0 technology that gives up to 2.6 hours of video viewing on full-brightness just after 10 minutes of charging.
It also support all LTE bands of India and also supports VoLTE for ultimate high-quality voice calls. With infrared support, it also works as a global remote for multiple devices such as TVs, set top boxes, etc.
The Mi 5 flagship comes with 3D-curved glass layer which is made of Gorilla Glass 4 making it slim and glossy. Unlike, the Le 1s, and the Redmi Note 3, the fingerprint sensor is located on the front of the phone.
Xiaomi is also offering an accidental damage insurance at Rs 499 for a year.