The new Pixel phones, launched by Alphabet Inc-owned Google on 4 October, will now be available for pre-order in India.
India is among the first six countries where the Pixel phones, with Google Assistant and virtual reality capabilities, have been launched. The phones are expected to take on the new Apple iPhones in the premium smartphone segmemnt.
Flipkart thew open the pre-orders for Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL in India on 13 October. The online retail giant promises to deliver the smartphones by 25 October.
Google Pixel: Price, specifications
Price of the Google Pixel
The India prices for the phones start at Rs 57,000. The phones, in the 32GB and 128GB versions, are expected to replace the existing Nexus line.
While the Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones were unveiled in three colours, only two of them, black and very silver, will be available in India.
- While the Pixel is a 5-inch phone with 1080p display, the Pixel XL comes with a 5.5-inch Quad HD panel. Both devices are built by HTC.
- The models are powered by the latest Snapdragon 821 processor.
- The phones come with a 12.3-megapixel rear camera. The camera comes packed with cool features like Smartburst and Lens Blur.
- Pixel owners will get free, unlimited storage of original quality photos/4K video on Google Photos.
- These will be the first phones to ship with Google Assistant built in and the latest operating system, Android 7.1 Nougat.