The Department of Posts and the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) on Tuesday unveiled a new digital payment application “DakPay”. The platform aims to offer users a wide range of services including door-step banking. DakPay will offer digital financial and assisted banking services provided by India Post and IPPB through the postal network across India.
Using the app, the users will be able to enable services like sending money, scanning QR codes and making payments for services and merchants digitally. Besides this, the app will also offer interoperable banking services to the customers with any bank in India.
Talking on the launch of the DakPay, Union Minister RS Prasad stated, "Launch of DakPay adds up to the legacy of India Post, which is about reaching out to every household. This innovative service will not only give access to banking services and postal products online but also is a unique concept where one can order and avail postal financial services at doorsteps."
How to download DakPay:
1) Open Google Play Store on your Android smartphone.
2) Search for the term 'DakPay' using the search box.
3) Tap on the app named 'DakPay by IPPB' and hit install.
4) Once installed, open the app.
5) Tap on the next icon.
6) If prompted, select the mobile number you would like to link with DakPay.
7) Create a profile by entering basic details like name, email ID, date of birth and more
8) Follow the on-screen instructions to get access to the DakPay app's features.
For now, the DakPay app is available only for Android.