December 6: Ram Mandir, a commitment or convenience for the BJP?
First published: 6 December 2015, 5:02 IST
- It\'s 23 years since the Babri Masjid in Ayodhya was demolished on 6 December 1992
- Since then, the idol of the infant Ram or \'Ram Lalla\' has been worshipped in a temporary structure
- Whenever it\'s asked, the BJP reiterates its commitment to the Ram Mandir
- But it says since the matter is in court, it can\'t do anything
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat recently said that he\'ll see the temple \'in my lifetime\'
More in the story
- After the death of Ashok Singhal, the face of the movement, what does the VHP say about the temple?
- Is the BJP serious about the Ram Mandir or does it simply use the issue to get out of tight spots?